Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- I Rendered Tallow From Crest Cottage Creation. Good photos of the process and a great amount of joy in success!
- Nut Butter Fruit Dip | Dessert Sauce (with allergy and sugar free options) from Whole New Mom. This is a great idea!
- Raw Power Energy Bars from Small Footprint Family. These have a lot of ingredients and all are good.
- Homemade Chicken Stock from Easy Natural Food. Great tips and interesting added ingredients.
- Getting Started with Home Canning from Common Sense Homesteading. Great instructions and photos explaining this intimidating task.
- What is a Fat Cap? from Tender Grassfed Meat. Another gem from Stanley Fishman, author of two great cookbooks for grassfed meat.
- Cinnamon Swirl Raisin Bread from Simply Living Healthy. Great grain-free alternative for cinnamon bread!
- Orange Ginger Beet Kvass from Pickle Me Too. I love beet kvass and this is a great variation of it.
- The Solution to Lead Laden Crock Pots: Hot Plates! from Agriculture Society. She always writes a very thorough post on a topic.
- Four Ingredient Almond Bars from Mutritious Nuffins. These look easy and delicious!
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- Valentine’s Day Dinner and Love links
- GF Valentine Linzer Hearts (SCD/GAPS)
- Are Grains Toxic or Safe? (and steep discount on Grains Class)
- Short Survey for New Online Class from Real Food Forager — please take it if you haven’t already!
- Sugar: Much Worse Than We Thought. A very popular post.
- Grain-Free Pan Fried Coconut Flounder
- Fat Tuesday February 7, 2012. A fabulous collection of the wisdom and great eats in the real food world this week.