Wisconsin farmer, Vernon Hershberger is facing criminal charges for feeding his community. Vernon supplies wholesome food to a private food club of 200 members. The outcome of his trial will set precedent for all food clubs around the country! If you buy food and/or raw milk through a buyer’s club you could be shut down!
Do Citizens Have a Right To Procure Food to Their Own Standards?
If Vernon is found guilty, not only could he go to prison for more than a year, we will see criminal charges, or the threat of criminal charges, used to shut down buying clubs around the country and limit the food choices of peaceful Americans!
While Vernon is on trial in the courtroom, raw milk is on trial in the court of public opinion. Join in on the “Grow Your Food Freedom” meeting and networking event happening in conjunction with the trial. Notable speakers/activists from around the country will be sharing their knowledge at this community event.
There will be movie screenings in the evenings. The Grow Your Food Freedom event will be at the Al Ringling Theater across the street from the courthouse (schedule here). Local/real food lunches and dinners will be available to purchase. Please join in! Sponsored by the Farm Food Freedom Coalition FarmFoodFreedom.org
May 20-24, 2013 – Sauk County Courthouse in Baraboo, Wisconsin
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE:
1. Attend the trial and events.
3. Bring Your Own Raw Milk! This is a BYORM event! Stand in solidarity with Vernon and other peaceful farmers who are being criminalized for distribution of fresh milk! Bring your own to this event!
- Information about farm raids: http://www.FarmFoodFreedom.org
- For additional information on raw milk: http://www.westonaprice.org
- URL for Event: http://www.farmfoodfreedom.
- Contact: Liz Reitzig, Co-founder, Farm Food Freedom Coalition
- 301-807-5063, email@example.com
- Pete Kennedy, President, Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund, 703-208-3276, firstname.lastname@example.org