This year I am staying ahead of myself, sort of. I am already planning for my Thanksgiving meal so I guess I am ahead. I have some of my favorite recipes on the menu and with the help of some terrific real food bloggers, I think my guests will be very happy!
Here is a collection of tried and true recipes that are sure to satisfy your guests.
Some are appropriate for SCD, GAPS, Paleo and Primal diets — some are not. However, it is easy to substitute in coconut milk or cream for dairy, or honey for other sweeteners. Just be aware that not all the recipes are grain-free or dairy-free.
The Main Course
- Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey with Herbed Butter from Real Food Whole Health
- How To Pick Your Turkey from RealFood University.
- How to Slow-roast the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey (with Video!) from Nourished Kitchen.
- Maple Bacon Turkey from Eat Play Love More.
- Rosemary, Clementine and Ginger- Stuffed Whole Turkey from AndHereWeAre.
- Whole Roasted Chicken from The Organic Kitchen
- Paleo Asian Chicken Meatballs from Empowered Sustenance
- Liver Pate (GAPS) from Gutsy.
- Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites from Food Renegade.
- Warm Pumpkin and Apple Harvest Salad from The Urban Ecolife.
- Vegan Grain-free Stuffed Mushrooms from Tasty Yummies.
- Grain Free Kabocha Squash Stuffing from Real Food Forager.
- Paleo Sweet Potato Pie from Hollywood Homestead.
- Balsamic Oven Roasted Green Beans from The Rising Spoon.
- Maple Roasted Yams with Cranberries and Orange from Nourishing Joy.
- Butternut Squash Kugel from Homemade Mommy.
- Roasted Sage Squash with Honey from Whole Green Love.
- Grain-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing from Real Food Forager.
- Homestyle Stuffing (GAPS, Paleo) from Mommypotamus.
- Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts from Kelly the Kitchen Kop.
- Garlicky Green Beans from Cultured Palate.
- Flourless Cinnamon Raisin Bread from Real Food Forager.
- Persimmon Cranberry Sauce from Deliciously Organic.
Roasted Beet and Fennel Salad with Balsamic Glaze from Real Food Forager.
- Mandarin & Cranberry Relish from Nourished Kitchen.
- Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Creamer from Coconut Mama.
- Gluten-Free Gravy (Grain-free) from Holistic Squid.
- Sugar-Free CranApple Sauce from Real Food Forager.
- Honey Mustard Dressing from Mommypotamus.
- Snack Attack: 3 Delicious Ideas for a Healthy Thanksgiving from MIX Wellness Solutions for a Balanced Life.
- Gingerbread Coconut Macaroons from Intoxicated on Life.
- Maple Sweetened Pumpkin Latte from Nearly Natural Momma.
- Cardamon Pistachio Truffles from Freshly Grown.
- Grain Free Cranberry Pumpkin Kugel from Real Food Forager.
- Pie Crust Two Ways: Grain-Free and Sprouted from Our Nourishing Roots.
- Pecan Crusted Apple Crisp (with video) from Real Food Forager.
- Grain-Free Mudslide Fudge Cookies from Food Renegade.
- Grain-Free Pumpkin Cookies from Healthy Home Economist.
Flourless Cinnamon Pumpkin Raisin Cookies (Paleo, SCD, GAPS) from Real Food Forager.
Paleo Apple Galette from A Girl Worth Saving.
- Triple Fat Fudge from Real Food Forager.
- Pecan Crusted Pumpkin Pie from Real Food Forager.
Pecan Crusted Pumpkin Pie SCD/GAPS
- Chai Tea from Recipe to Nourish.
- Spontaneous Apple Cider from Mommypotamus.
- Old Fashioned Root Beer from Holistic Squid.
- Kefir Soda Pop from Kelly the Kitchen Kop.
- Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider from 20 Something Allergies.
What To Do With Leftovers
- Saving Food on Thanksgiving: Black Friday Pie and Turkey Soup from Small Footprint Family.
- Get Creative With Leftover Turkey from Healthy Home Economist.
- 20 Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas from Nearly Natural Momma.
Wishing you a happy and healthy Thanksgiving!