I’ve really come to the conclusion that I love my own homemade chocolate better than store bought at this point. I was visiting a small town and there was a fudge shop. We decided to try a little — we tried the darkest chocolate fudge they had, but even that was too sweet for my taste. I decided I could do a better job with healthy ingredients at home! What do you think?
This fudge is made with the best ingredients possible so that is is actually a healthy treat. Use grassfed ghee or butter, high quality coconut oil and coconut spread and pure organic cocoa butter. The cocoa butter makes this fudge stand out from the crowd!
The purest chocolate comes from organic food grade cacao butter. This is 100% fat and is legal on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, which allows no starches. This cacao butter imbues a mild chocolate flavor to any product. Many goodies can be made that are full of nutrition and satisfying to chocolate lovers.
Cocoa butter is also well tolerated by people who are caffeine sensitive, because there is no caffeine in pure cacao butter. I personally, feel no effects at all from cocoa butter — but I do feel the caffeine in cocoa powder because I am very sensitive to caffeine and do better without it. However, the tiny amount of cocoa powder in this recipe suits me just fine!
Triple Fat Fudge
- 1/2 cup coconut spread also called coconut butter or coconut cream (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter (how to make ghee)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder + 1 Tbsp (where to buy)
- 1 Tbsp raw honey (where to buy)
- 1/4 tsp stevia (where to buy)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whisk (where to buy)
- 1.5 – 2 quart pot (where to buy)
- 8 x 8 pan lined with parchment paper (where to buy parchment paper)
- In the pot, gently melt the cocoa butter on low (number 2)
- When it is half melted add the ghee or butter, the coconut oil and the coconut spread and gently mix with the whisk as it melts
- Add the honey, vanilla, and stevia and whisk in well
- Add the cocoa powder and whisk in well
- Be sure to take the pot off the heat when the fat is melted and keep whisking until it is smooth and all the lumps are out — you don’t want to overheat this
- Pour into the 8 x 8 pan that is lined with parchment paper
- Refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours
- When solid, pull the parchment paper out of the pan, put the block of fudge on a flat surface and cut into small squares
- Enjoy! This will melt rather quickly — but it won’t last long!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
All the suppliers for the ingredients I use in my recipes may be found here.
Other recipes using cocoa butter: