Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I love to cook the day before. The morning of Thanksgiving I cook my turkey in the oven and the house smells of the wonderful aromas. Friends and family come and enjoy my cooking and I get a lot of satisfaction. Here is some great tips and recipes from around the real food world that I hope you enjoy!
These are recipes from around the real food blogosphere. Some are appropriate for SCD, GAPS, Paleo and Primal diets — some are not. However, it is easy to substitute in coconut milk or cream for dairy, or honey for other sweeteners. Just be aware that not all the recipes are grain-free or dairy-free.
The Main Course
- How To Pick Your Turkey from RealFood University.
- How to Slow-roast the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey (with Video!) from Nourished Kitchen.
- Rosemary, Clementine and Ginger- Stuffed Whole Turkey from AndHereWeAre.
- Liver Pate (GAPS) from Gutsy.
- Deviled Eggs with Salmon Roe from Cheeseslave.
- Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites from Food Renegade.
- Maple Roasted Yams with Cranberries and Orange from Nourishing Joy.
- Butternut Squash Kugel from Homemade Mommy.
- Roasted Sage Squash with Honey from Whole Green Love.
- Grain-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing from Real Food Forager.
- Homestyle Stuffing (GAPS, Paleo) from Mommypotamus.
- Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts from Kelly the Kitchen Kop.
- Garlicky Green Beans from Cultured Palate.
- Mandarin & Cranberry Relish from Nourished Kitchen.
- Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Creamer from Coconut Mama.
- Gluten-Free Gravy (Grain-free) from Holistic Squid.
- Sugar-Free CranApple Sauce from Real Food Forager.
- Honey Mustard Dressing from Mommypotamus.
- Pie Crust Two Ways: Grain-Free and Sprouted from Our Nourishing Roots.
- Pecan Crusted Apple Crisp (with video) from Real Food Forager.
- Grain-Free Mudslide Fudge Cookies from Food Renegade.
- Grain-Free Pumpkin Cookies from Healthy Home Economist.
- Spontaneous Apple Cider from Mommypotamus.
- Old Fashioned Root Beer from Holistic Squid.
- Kefir Soda Pop from Kelly the Kitchen Kop.
- Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider from 20 Something Allergies.
What To Do With Leftovers
- Saving Food on Thanksgiving: Black Friday Pie and Turkey Soup from Small Footprint Family.
- Get Creative With Leftover Turkey from Healthy Home Economist.
This post is shared at: Monday Mania, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Hearth & Soul Hop, Tasteful Tuesday, GAPS Holiday Foods, Mommy Club, Sustainable Ways, Allergy Free Wednesday, Healthy 2Day, Real Food Wednesday, Wheat Free Thanksgiving, Party Wave wednesday, Creative Juice Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, Thank Your Body Thursday, Pennywise Platter, Foodie Friday, Freaky Friday, Gluten Free Friday, Fresh Bites Friday, Fight back Friday, Foodie Friday, Friday Finds, Seasonal Celebration