My all time favorite summer treat when I was a child was a frozen fudge bar. Back then, the ice cream man came around in the evenings and on certain days, we were treated to an ice cream. I don’t know what was in the fudge bar but I am 100% certain that the fudge bars of today are not made of real ingredients.
This recipe is so easy to put together that it is ridiculous to even think of giving your kids a chemical laden bar from a store.
Here are the ingredients from a popular brand of fudgsicle:
Ingredients: nonfat milk, maltodextrin, lactitol, polydextrose, cocoa (processed with alkali), sorbital, whey, coconut oil, microcrystalline cellulose, tricalcium phosphate, mono- & diglycerides, guar gum, polysorbate 65 & 80, carrageenan, malt powder, salt, cellulose gum, aspartame, artificial flavor, acesulfame potassium, citric acid.
Wow! I haven’t looked at ingredients in a long time – I just don’t buy that crap and this is ridiculous. The second three ingredients are all sugar disguised by other names and there is also aspartame which is a neurotoxin! Included are artificial flavors and preservatives. Why does a frozen item need a preservative?
You DON’T want your kids eating that junk! Sadly this company boasts that there are only 40 calories for each bar… the ones with no added sugar also contain additional artificial sweeteners which we now know are just as bad as sugar, as they trick the brain – but the craving for sweets just gets worse.
Don’t rely on these food industry companies to make something real. It’s so easy to make it yourself!
- 2 medium to large avocado
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 - 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream from the top of the can (I like this one)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao (I like this one)
- 1/4 tsp stevia (optional)
- Cut open and remove the pit from the avocado and add to the processor
- Add the ripe bananas
- Add the honey and coconut cream and process
- While the processor is running add the vanilla extract or powder
- Add the cacao powder
- Process until smooth
- Remove into a bowl and refrigerate until cold
- Add to BPA free popsicle molds
- Freeze for at least an hour before serving