Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
- Lessons From a 1930s Farmer from Simple Life Mom. This is a beautiful and interesting article! A must read if you are interested in traditional life!
- How to Get Started with Kettlebells (Program Included) from Practical Stewardship. This is a good way to learn how to start using kettlebells – something to make you strong!
- Flavoured Water: Elderflower Lemon and Linden Blossom Cucumber from Almost Bananas. This is such a good idea!
- Eating Disorders and the AIP: Conversation with Stephani Ruper from Phoenix Helix. Interesting with lots of important information.
- Hibiscus Strawberry Iced Tea Cooler from Recipes to Nourish. Wow! This looks so refreshing and nutritious!
- Apple Rhubarb Sauce with Vanilla Ice Cream from Once Upon a Time in a Bed of Wildflowers. I never used rhubarb and Christine makes it look so easy!
- Watermelon Cooler from Nourished Roots. These were popular last year but I never tried it – this year I will!
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- Giveaway: Redmond Real Salt Variety Pack! Two Winners! An $84 Value! This Gift Pack includes a tube of Peppermint Earthpaste, a tube of Redmond Clay Facial Mud, a 10 oz. Real Salt shaker, a 8 oz. Real Salt Garlic Salt and a 8 oz. Real Salt Organic Seasoning shaker. Included is also a FREE Re-Lyte bottle (electrolytes) and 5 Real Salt Pocket shakers. So cool!
- Get Your Salt from Ancient Sea Beds – Natural and Pure. While salt is an essential component of our body (the body contains about 8 ounces of salt) it has been demonized almost as much as cholesterol.
- How Your Thyroid Orchestrates All Your Hormones. Your thyroid gland regulates all the other hormones in the body. If the thyroid is not working right, none of the other hormones will be in balance.
- Don’t Be Fooled: National Pollinator Week is Sponsored by Bee Killers. National Pollinator Week is happening next week, June 16 – 22, 2014. It was created in 2007 by the US Senate to protect pollinators and their ecosystem. But guess who funds this propaganda front.
- Help Pass GMO Labeling in New York (and the others will follow). If you are a resident of New York you need to spend just a few minutes on three phone calls and a half a minuted on singing a petition
- Fat Tuesday: June 10, 2014 .Great eats in the real food world this week!
Don’t forget to join the fun and enter the Giveaway: Redmond Real Salt Variety Pack! Two Winners! An $84 Value!
Please note that in order to be featured, you MUST have a link back to Fat Tuesday on the post. If you are wondering why you are never featured it is most likely because you DID NOT LINK BACK to the Fat Tuesday post.