Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- Coconut Bars (Grain Free) from Dishes and Dishes. I’m definitely trying these soon!
- Why I haven’t Shampooed in Seven Years from Nourishing Treasures. Hilarious picture and great post.
- More than Salt: The World’s Most Controversial Ingredient from Nourishing Foodways. This is Part One: Industrial Food, Health Policy, and Home Cooking — comprehensive article with interesting studies.
- Wild versus Farmed. Fish that is from The Elliott Homestead. Another comprehensive article with a lot of interesting facts.
- 10 Reason to Eat Saturated Fat (that dieticians chose to ignore) from Kris Health Blog. I love this. I just love this. Bravo Kris!
- Rescuing a kitchen workhorse, aka how to refurbish a cast iron skillet from Frugal by Choice, Cheap by Necessity. Fabulous instructions on how to refurbish a rusted cast iron skillet. It looks brand spanking new!
- Pad Thai-Inspired GAPS Stir-fry from Whole Natural Life. Amazing Asian dish that is GAPS legal. I’m definitely trying this!
- Coconut Hazelnut and Chocolate Balls (GF and vegan) from The Fussiest Eater. These look really great.
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- Real Food Super Bowl Sunday: Link Love Extravaganza. Links from around the blogosphere featuring ideas for that fun football party!
- Giveaway for the Healthy Whole Grains: Soaking, Sprouting and Sourdough class from Cheeseslave. Open until February 8 — join the fun now!
- Why I never Eat Commercial Bread. It’s amazing how many chemicals go into baking a loaf of commercial bread. It’s imperative to make your own!
- Healthy Whole Grains: Soaking, Sprouting and Sourdough. This about the new class. Coupon code for 20% off good through February 7. Don’t wait!
- Raspberry Jam. A simple SCD/GAPS recipe.