This is definitely a kid friendly recipe. This grain free kabocha pizza crust will satisfy even the pickiest grain free eater!
Grain-Free Kabocha Pizza Crust
If you are grain or gluten-free you can easily make your own pizza crust that will satisfy even the pickiest eater! This crust is moist and tasty and your kids will have fun helping you make it!
Anything goes with this crust.
The sky’s the limit for topping ideas – anything from shredded meats and chicken to roasted or sauteed vegetables. This recipe is appropriate for Paleo and Primal eaters as well as SCD/GAPS.
Certainly if you are eating cheese that would make a great topping!
The crusts may be made the day before or even 2 days before and stored in the refrigerator, ready for an easy meal that just requires the topping of your choice! You’re going to love this recipe!
As you may remember, I love using kabocha squash in recipes for the moisture and flavor it gives.
Recipe: Grain-Free Kabocha Pizza Crust (Paleo, SCD, GAPS)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 8 small crusts 1x
Options: add other spices such as onion powder, oregano, etc
- In a food processor process the 2 eggs
- Add the kaboucha squash and mix
- Add the salt and other spices and mix
- Add the almond flour, mix and then add the coconut flour in small increments — you may not need it all
- The batter will be somewhat sticky but should be soft and just starting to form a ball in the processor
- Use two flat cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or a pizza stone
- Using olive oil, grease the parchment paper
- Using a spatula, scrap the dough together into a large ball
- Put the dough onto the parchment paper on a table and divide in two and then each of those into 4 small balls
- Place 4 pieces of dough on each cookie sheet
- Press the dough into a round shape — careful it will be sticky
- Cover the dough with clear wrap and with a rolling pin roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness
- Pull off the clear wrap and you have a thin, even crust
- With your fingers, go around the perimeter of the crust pushing inwards, to even out the edges if necessary
- Slide the parchment paper with the crusts onto a cookie sheet
- Repeat this with both cookie sheets of crusts
- Bake at 375º F for 12 minutes or until slightly browned
- Remove from oven and flip over using a large spatula
- Bake for another 2 – 4 minutes or until slightly browned (you may omit this step if you like)
- This makes 8 small pizza crusts about 6″ diameter
- Homemade tomato sauce and raw grassfed cheese would be lovely
- Add those two on top of the crust and put under the broiler for a minute or two to melt the cheese
- I precooked grassfed chopped turkey which I sauteed with my No Tomato Sauce and simply added that on top
Other recipes made with Kabocha squash: