Here is an exciting breakfast idea that can be make ahead of time, frozen in portions and ready to grab on the go! These Coconut Flour Protein Zucchini Breakfast Bars make a nice change!
There are lots of gluten-free breads on the market, but many taste awful.
Additionally, they are made with very starchy substitutes that have not been properly prepared.
Here’s why I do not like most gluten-free breads or baked goods.
Grab and Go with these Grain Free, Coconut Flour, Protein Zucchini Bars
While it’s fun to make grain free waffles or grain free french toast on a lazy Sunday, when you are rushed during the week, that is not possible.
For those busy days, these grain-free breakfast bars are perfect.
You can make them ahead, wrap them in individual portions and refrigerate or freeze them.
They are loaded with protein, nutrition, simple and satisfying!
I make 2 batches of these at a time and individually wrap them and freeze them. I keep a few defrosted in the refrigerator and in the morning, I just take one out and eat with eggs for breakfast.
Here is a simple and nutritious bread substitute that is made with whole ingredients that will add nutrition, not take it away.
Many people claim to have difficulty writing; that so-and-so seems to have been born writer will never know where the damn comma should be … And it’s true! This can all happen and even writer from http://myessayshelp.org
can make such problem. But we do not believe that this fact is due to destiny. It is not only good reading that provides the ability to write but the practice of writing. It is necessary to perfectly combine these two activities, adopting the habit of writing daily. The fluency in writing will come only with practice and will be enriched to the extent that reading is also performed.
You can slice the bar lengthwise and toast – though toasting is not necessary.
Add lots of butter and eat with eggs or other protein for a satisfying meal!
The zucchini adds moisture to the bread, yet does not add an overwhelming flavor.
The collagen peptides (I like this one) add the amino acids so important for gut, joint and skin healing.
The herbs add the flavor.
Feel free to use any herbs you enjoy – and remember, everything tastes better with butter or ghee!
Recipe: Coconut Flour Protein Zucchini Breakfast Bars (SCD, GAPS, Paleo)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 38 minutes
- Total Time: 68 minutes
- Yield: 9 bars 1x
- Preheat oven to 325º F
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper that is greased with coconut oil
- Using the grater attachment of the food processor, grate the seeded and peeled zucchini and set aside
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the eggs, honey, ghee or butter and mix together
- Add the collagen peptides, coconut flour, salt, baking soda and spices and mix together. After mixing, the batter should be somewhat stiff
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and pour in the grated zucchini and mix by hand
- Pour the batter into the 9 x 13 pan and bake at for 30 minutes
- When finished, cool on a rack then use a pizza wheel to cut three across and three down, then wrap in wax paper and refrigerate or freeze