This coconut whipped cream frosting recipe will satisfy the need for a dairy free filling or frosting.
If you are following a dairy free diet it can be challenging to find something creamy to use as filling or icing. Fear not!
This coconut cream comes out light, creamy and as smooth as dairy cream.
Coconut Whipped Cream Filling
Video/Recipe: Coconut Whipped Cream Frosting
- Author: Dr. Jill
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes in refrigerator
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- One or two cans of organic coconut milk (where to buy)
- Put the cans of full fat coconut milk in the refrigerator to separate, and then collect the cream from the top
- 2 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Note that the vanilla and honey amounts are based on approximately 1 cup of cream
- Put whipping utensils and bowl in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes
- Open the cans and take the hard cream off the top, keeping the liquid for shakes
- Add the cream to the bowl
- Add the vanilla and honey
- With hand mixer whip the cream for about 5 minutes
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour to thicken
You might also like this recipe for Vanilla Frosting.