Although I call these pumpkin cookies, I am actually using kabocha squash, to make these delicious flourless cinnamon pumpkin raisin cookies.
These cookies are perfect for gluten-free, grain-free recipes as they usually requires no additional flour at all! These cookies really hold together well and are appropriate for all the healing diets; GAPS, SCD, Paleo.
This time of year who doesn’t have lots of squash on hand. I know I do! In my grain-free/Paleo family, we don’t do much with potatoes and we don’t use grains at all.
Wait until you try these cookies! I think you will be pleasantly surprised!
Recipe: Flourless Cinnamon Pumpkin Raisin Cookies (Paleo, SCD, GAPS)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- In the food processor process the cooked kabocha squash — it may be dry and crumbly
- Add the eggs, honey and softened ghee or butter, stevia and vanilla and process
- Add the baking soda, salt and all the spices and process
- Add the raisins and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter as best you can see
- The batter should be thick and spoonable – if it is too watery, add some coconut flour a level tablespoon at a time. It won’t be “flourless” anymore, but it will work as a cookie
- Drop about a half tablespoon of the batter onto the cookie sheet, using up all the batter
- You will need two cookie sheets
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over the cookies and pat down with a spatula for even thickness
- Use the same plastic wrap for the second cookie sheet
- Bake at 325º F for 20 – 22 minutes or until slightly browned on top
- Cool on the cookie sheet
All the suppliers for the ingredients I use in my recipes may be found here.