I just sourced a bag of beautiful organic lemons and decided to bake with them. It’s still too cold for lemonade, but warm out-of-the-oven coconut lemon muffins sounds fantastic!
Just a few comments before I dive right into the recipe:
Although lemons do not come up on the EWG’s Dirty Dozen, when I use the zest of a fruit, organic is best.
I tend to use my food processor for everything, but you can certainly make this recipe this recipe without one.
I’ve been adding my favorite grassfed collagen to everything I bake these days, but here again, you can leave this ingredient out if you don’t have some on hand.
Tip: Be sure to wash the organic lemon well, and zest first before you juice it.
Wow! Your family and friends will love this grain free recipe!
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 Tbsp honey
- Juice of one organic lemon (2-3 Tbsp)
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup various organic berries fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 325º F and prepare your muffin pan with papers or use a silicon pan
- In a food processor add the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, honey and juice of one lemon, lemon zest and coconut milk and mix well
- Add the collagen peptides, coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda and mix
- Add the shredded coconut and mix
- Spoon one tablespoon into the muffin papers
- Add the berries and then cover with some more batter to fill the paper 3/4 full
- Add another berry on top for garnish
- Bake for 30 minutes
- They are ready when a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool on a rack
• 1 muffin pan with cupcake papers (where to buy stainless steel muffin pans) (where to buy unbleached muffin papers)
• Rack for cooling (where to buy stainless steel cooking rack)
• food processor (where to buy a food processor)
Are you as fascinated by the microbiome as I am? Are you hoping for a cure through this new research explosion?
Microbiome Medicine 2 Summit has started and tens of thousands will gain the tips, strategies and secrets of microbiome medicine – it could improve your health, longevity, vitality and assist with unresolved problems!.
What you will learn at The Microbiome Medicine 2 Summit:
– Enhance brain function, mood, anxiety and depression
– Address gastrointestinal illnesses, including IBS, Crohn’s and colitis
– Counter newly identified GI/brain syndromes
– Address autoimmune diseases (at the root cause!)
If you learn even one fact from one expert that changes your life, it will be worth it!
If you want to go at your own pace you may want to consider purchasing all of the expert talks – if so, do it TODAY before the sale price goes up!
*The online access package for all of the expert talks is $79 now through Monday morning at 10 A.M. U.S. eastern. After that, it increases.
Your support of this event, in sharing or buying the talks, will not only help the host, but will help me continue to reach those who are in dire need of this message and expertise. Thank you!