I am really thrilled to say that there has been a lot of interest in this class and I just introduced it a few days ago! I thought you might want to get a sample video/recipe from the class.
These coconut banana muffins are a staple in our house and one of my very first recipes using coconut flour. I found the almond flour so heavy, but you will see how nice and fluffy these muffins come out with some handy tips I’ll give you for cooking with coconut flour.
Coconut flour is mainly fiber and as such will absorb the liquid in any recipe. It is also makes baked products more dense than wheat flour. There are a couple of things you can do to balance this. One thing to do is to make sure there are some pureed fruits or vegetables in the product. In this case we have plenty of banana that will help keep it moist inside. In addition, we put in some homemade apple sauce as well.
Another tip is to separate all or some of the eggs so that when you fold in the whites, it creates air spaces that will help make the final product fluffier. This does add another step but I like the way many baked products come out using this method. If you are in a hurry you can always just use whole eggs.
Coconut Banana Muffins
- 4 medium bananas (well spotted)
- 4 whole eggs (pastured if possible)
- 3 eggs separated (7 eggs total)
- 2 tablespoon applesauce (there is a video for homemade apple sauce in the class)
- 4 tablespoon ghee (there is a video for ghee in the class)
- 2 tablespoon raw honey (where to buy raw honey)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut flour (where buy coconut flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (where to buy sea salt and spices)
- Food processor (where to buy a food processor)
- Electric hand beater (where to buy)
- 2 bowls
- wooden spoon for folding in the whites
- Using a food processor, puree the bananas
- In a two separate bowls, separate the largest 3 eggs you have into whites and yolks
- With the hand beat, beat the whites until they are stiff peaks and set aside
- Add the 4 whole eggs and the yolks to the food processor and process
- Add the honey, ghee, applesauce and vanilla and process
- Add the coconut flour – start with ¾ cup, baking soda and salt and process until smooth
- Add the rest of the coconut flour if the batter is too loose
- Pour this batter back into the bowl you used for the yolks
- Place the whites into the bowl and fold them in
- Using a tablespoon, spoon this batter into the muffin cups (unbleached paper cups in the tins)
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes. Check it and bake another 7 – 8 minutes, covered so it doesn’t get too browned on top
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 – 38 minutes
As you can see, baking with coconut flour is really easy once you get used to it. With all the tips I share in my class, you’ll be a grain-free pro in no time!
You may already be on the GAPS diet, or SCD (Specific Carbohydrates Diet), the Paleo, Primal diets or other healing diet. You may be on a gluten-free diet and are still not feeling better — or you may be thinking about starting.
It can be so overwhelming to get started. Trust me, I know. When I first looked at the diets I thought that I would never be able to give up grains and starches — especially since I was a carb-addict for years.
It’s hard just thinking about everything you have to do to get up to speed. Plus, how will you feed your family, and where are you going to find the time to cook everything from scratch and even find some of the basic ingredients?
In this 12-week class I share with you everything you need to know to get going — and stay on the diet. From the basics — learning how to make basic condiments and staples such as coconut milk, coconut milk yogurt, homemade mayonnaise, coconut butter and soaked nuts — to making fermented foods and bone broth — to breakfasts, lunches and dinners.
There will be an awesome snack class and dessert class where you will learn how to make healthy grain-free cookies and amazing dairy-free treats — I know it is very hard to find healthy substitutes for snacks and desserts — especially for children. In this class, I will share snacks and desserts that are healthy enough to eat as part of the meal!
What You Get in This Class
You’ll get lifetime access to 12 weeks of classes including:
- Over 80 video tutorials
- Over 150 recipes!
- You will automatically receive two bonus video/recipes when you register during this promotion!
What people are saying about Real Food Forager
Jill, you are the QUEEN of cooking videos! I love your videos because they are informative and you explain things so well.
I want to tell you that I made your salmon patties last night and my husband REALLY liked the recipe! That is a MIRACLE… he doesn’t like fish… especially salmon! When I told him what we were having, he made a disgusted-looking face, but he changed his mind when he ate the patties. He told me it was very tasty… much better than the ones his mother used to make!
Your mayonnaise recipe is my favorite mayo recipe. I always make it… I had always used dry mustard before (and safflower oil), but the fresh mustard makes it so much tastier!
And I don’t mind making mayo now that I learned you don’t have to add the oil slowly when you use an immersion blender. It’s so easy to throw everything in the jar at one time and use the stick blender. I make it in the same jar I’m going to store it. Works beautifully! —Victoria B.
I’ve been following your blog for months now and have been cooking your recipes without grains. I’ve already lost almost twenty pounds without even trying to diet! This is amazing as I have had trouble all my life with my weight. It is just eating better that is helping.
I also have had much nicer skin – I always had rosacea and eczema, since going grain-free it has been much better. —Jody D.
I am so excited for this class! To have everything in one place and to get over 80 videos will really help me save time in the kitchen! Following a grain-free diet has really been a benefit to my health and to my son who has learning problems and digestive issues. —Carol C.
You will have lifetime access! Once you are enrolled, you can go back again and again to the video lessons and recipes and learn at your own pace.
You can view these videos anytime and anywhere — in the comfort of your own home and in your pj’s if you care to! If you are not completely satisfied you may return the class for a full refund within 30 days — no questions asked. Click here for the refund policy.