Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- Our Ancestors Thrived on High Fat Diets from Tender Grass Fed Meat. Another great article from Stanley Fishman, author of Tender Grass Fed Meat and Tender Grassfed Barbecue. He knows what he is talking about.
- DIY Herbal Cough Drops: Sore Throat Remedy from 20something allergies. This is a great idea and simple too!
- Butternut Apple Soup from This Chick Cooks. I love this recipe!
- How To Keep Monsanto Out of Your Garden from Small Footprint Family. Fabulous research, great information and so important!
- Decadent Chocolate Torte with Raspberries from Tess the Domestic Diva. This IS decadent!
- Paleo Brownies from Cooking Gluten and Dairy Free. These look exactly like wheat brownies!
- Simple Oven Roasted Ribs from Conscious Eatery. I like the idea of a dry rub rather than a sauce!
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- What Doctors Won’t Tell You About the HPV Vaccine. It’s so important to be informed about these shots before going to the doctor!
- Does Monsanto Have The Right To Control Seeds? Be sure to read this and click over to Healthy Home Economist to get information about where to buy seeds that are not associated with Monsanto as they are buying up seed companies as fast as they can. Small Footprint Family has similar information as noted above.
- Household Cleaning Products: Which are Toxic and Which are Safe? There are many ways to clean without using chemicals.
- Grain Free Valentine Day LOVE Cookies. Of course this recipe can be used for any shape cookie!
- Fat Tuesday, February 11, 2013. A fabulous collection of great eats in the real food world this week!