Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- Lacto-Fermented Lemonade from Natural Health and Prevention. A delicious looking thirst quenching and healthy beverage.
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust from GAPS Diet Journey. This looks very interesting and a great grain-free pizza crust!
- Banana Walnut Pancakes from Simply Living Healthy. A simple but elegant recipe for a favorite comfort food — but grain-free!
- Grow Your Own Pepitas from Common Sense Homesteading. Another great and informative post from Laurie. I didn’t know you could grow hulless pepitas! I really thought there was a “magic hulling process!”
- Avocado and Walnut Portobello Mushrooms from Gaia Health Blog. Wow! This is a great idea!
- Cheap Life Changers: The Kitchen Saga from Check Bums Blog. It’s true, You need to simplify your life by getting the correct tools in the kitchen. (Isn’t that a great name for a blog?)
- Mixed Berry Breakfast Bars (grain-free) from This Chick Cooks. Wow. These look awesome!
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- Braised Paleo Pot Roast. Such a great comfort food!
- Old Friends: The Hygiene Hypothesis. Apparently a lot of people are as excited about this emerging science as I am.
- Red Meat Won’t Kill You — Poor Science Will. My rebuttal to the recent study released about red meat.
- Courgette Al Dente! A great substitute for macaroni: low cal, low carb and grain-free but just as satisfying.
- Giveaway: One copy of Real Food 101 sponsored by Our Nourishing Roots.
- Fat Tuesday April 10, 2012. Fabulous collection of great eats in the real food world this week.