Once you understand your healing diet, you can convert a conventional recipe to one that is compliant with special diets such Paleo, SCD, GAPS or AIP. For starters, remove all the packaged ingredients containing wheat and soy and put in far fewer ingredients – only those that are real. You’ll find that your friends love the real flavors that come through in your cooking!
To make these meatballs tasty and yet allergy friendly, you can skip a lot of the typical ingredients used in making them.
You don’t need breadcrumbs or eggs to hold small meatballs together. You don’t need hoisin sauce which has lots of additives. You don’t even need sesame seeds (not allowed on AIP). All you need are a few real ingredients which have powerful flavor!
- 1 pound ground chicken (from pasture raised animals if possible) I get my pork and poultry here
- 1 pound ground pork (from pasture raised animals if possible)
- 1 Tbsp roasted sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger (where to buy spices)
- Chopped scallions for garnish and to add (optional)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl mix the two meats together
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well
- Form into small meatballs and place on the roasting pan
- Roast at 350º F for 25 – 30 minutes or until the tops are nicely browned