I’ve written a lot about the benefits of eating fermented foods. One of the most knowledgeable people I know about this subject, is Julie from the company, Cultures for Health. She can answer any question you have about culturing foods. Her company also provides the cultures and equipment needed for this endeavor.
But beyond that, her website is a tremendous source of information on this subject — with video tutorials and instructions for basically fermenting anything your little heart desires. Julie is very generously offering this terrific Vegetable Fermentation Kit worth $126.78 to my readers!
Beneficial bacterial are our friends
Humans reaped the benefits of this method of preservation by eating these foods and hosting the good bacteria. Eating these naturally preserved foods aids the human digestive system in many ways. First and foremost, we are able to maintain large populations of beneficial bacteria in our gut simply by eating cultured foods. Most people who do this, will not require a probiotic supplement.
The beneficial bacteria, yeasts, fungi, viruses and even worms that inhabit our intestines are old friends. They are supposed to live there, having evolved inside of us over hundreds of thousands of years. They do much for us and in return we give them home and hearth. These microscopic critters are our friends and as such must be treated with respect and generosity.
Respect your microbiome
The fermentation kit will include: one Perfect Pickler:
One copy of Art of Fermentation — Sandor Katz’s new book:
Wow! Look at all this stuff! I wish I could win this prize! We all know how important it is to nourish and encourage the growth of our beneficial bacteria. Learning how to ferment foods is the best way to start.
How to Enter the Giveaway
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. The only mandatory action is to sign up for the Cultures for Health newsletter at the link just above the Rafflecoptor.
Don’t forget to click on the confirm link when it comes to your inbox or else you won’t be signed up.
You can unsubscribe at any time. Just know that you must be subscribed in order to be eligible to win this prize.
Recommended but not mandatory:
- Click on the other options in the Rafflecopter widget below if you want extra entries to increase your chances to win.
- You only need to leave one comment saying what you did.
- Future giveaways and prizes will be announced here on the blog, and winners will be announced here, too, so you may also want to sign up for my blog post updates RSS or via feedburner so you don’t miss anything and that will give you more chances as well.
- The winner will be announced on my blog on Saturday October 27, 2012. If you are the winner, you must respond to that by emailing me at Jill at Real Food Forager dot com within 48 hours of the announcement so you can claim your prize.
- This giveaway is open to anyone in the United States.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Note: Your prize may not be identical to the photo
a Rafflecopter giveaway
If you just can’t wait for the end of the giveaway to get your Perfect Pickler, use the discount code here:
The Coupon is good from October 19 through November 4.