I don’t use frosting a lot because it is so sweet. But when you need to make a special treat you don’t have to use bad fats and refined sugars. You can make a very good frosting with good fats and natural sweeteners.
Palm shortening is not hydrogenated and is a healthy fat. Coconut oil and anything that comes from a coconut is healthy. Raw honey is an excellent sweetener especially when it is not heated.
For AIP, you can substitute vanilla powder for the extract.
- 1/2 cup palm shortening (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup coconut concentrate (where to buy)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup honey (where to buy)
- 3 Tbsp vanilla extract or vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp stevia (where to buy)
- Hand blender (where to buy)
- Let the palm shortening, coconut concentrate and the coconut oil soften
- Add all the ingredient to the bowl
- With the hand blender, combine for 4 – 5 minutes
- Taste to be sure it is sweet enough for you
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before use
- Blend it up again just before using to frost cookies or cake
Prep Time: 10 minutes