Homemade broth and soups are among the most nutrient dense foods to eat. Using the bones (and meat) from pasture raised animals raises it up to the best possible quality. Making homemade stocks and basic is very simple and then making tasty soups from that stock or broth makes it irresistible! I can drink this stuff all day! Let me show you one of the great soup recipes from Beyond Broth, my new e-book!
Adding a green leafy vegetable to a soup made with nourishing homemade bone broth is the best of both worlds. You get the minerals and protein from the bones and meat on the carcass and you get the vitamins and minerals from the greens. Watercress is a little on the bitter side, but when combined with certain other vegetables, the sharpness is balanced and the flavor is rich and interesting.
Homemade soups are also a great way to get some vegetables into reluctant children. One cup of soup made with greens is easily has easily 2 -3 portions of vegetables. Your kids will not even know they are getting vegetables when made into a delicious soup puree!
Your family will love this soup!
1 quart chicken stock
1 medium leek
1 bunch water cress
1 large onion
1/2 celeriac root skinned and chopped
salt and pepper to taste
3 – 4 quart pot
- Gently heat the chicken stock in the pot
- In the fry pan sauté the onion, leek and celeriac until soft
- Place the onion, leek and celeriac in the pot of stock reserving 1/3 aside
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add the bunch of watercress and simmer a few minutes until it is wilted
- With the immersion blender blend the soup
- Add the chopped vegetables that you reserved, back into the pot
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, heavy cream, or coconut cream
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
Get this recipe and over 30 more in my new e-book, Beyond Broth, Nourishing Paleo Soups.
What is the E-Book Wellness Bundle?
- 30 ebooks with a total value of $650!
- On sale for 7 days only – September 4 – 10 ending 11:59 on the 10th PST.
- Sale price of only $39 – over 90% savings of the total value!
Download all 30 e-books now for this LOW price and read them at your leisure — on your Kindle, iPad, iPhone or computer.
Hurry! This offer is good for one week only!
It’s so easy, convenient and cheap! It’s a no-brainer!
Hurry! Don’t miss this opportunity to save HUGE! On sale for 7 days only – September 4 – 10 ending 11:59 on the 10th PST.