If you have a home garden you must have an abundance of tomatoes coming in now – as I do. Although I love to eat them raw, I had so many I had to cook some of them. I quickly whipped up this amazing tomato sauce with just 3 ingredients and it all happened in 12 minutes!
If you do not write or receive a weekly meal plan, you may have some days in which dinner time creeps up on you… unprepared. I hate those days!
Today was just such a day, but I had an idea to use my homegrown tomatoes in a quick sauce, over chopped beef or chopped turkey.
Quick Homegrown Tomatoes
The recipe calls for only 3 ingredients that you are sure to have on hand, onions, garlic and tomatoes. You can also add fresh or dried herbs to further spice it up!
- 3 - 4 large homegrown tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 3 - 4 cloves fresh garlic
- Sea salt pepper and herbs to taste
- Preheat the pan to medium and add some avocado oil for sauteing
- Chop the onion and add to the pan – stir and cook until soft (about 6 minutes)
- Chop the tomatoes and add to the pan – stir and cook until softened (about 3 - 4 minutes)
- Chop the garlic and add to the pan at the very end for about 30 seconds
- Take off the heat and serve or set aside for later
- Large fry pan
- Knife to chop
At the end, add a tablespoon of fresh herbs such as basil, oregano or thyme – or a teaspoon of dried herbs. Serve over chopped beef or turkey as a Paleo meal.
If you cannot tolerate tomatoes here are two fabulous sauce ideas!