Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- Strawberry Ice Cream (GAPS/Primal) from Nourished and Nurtured. Wow. This looks delish. Sarah is also sponsoring a giveaway of her new grain-free cookbook at Real Food Forager. Check it out!
- Sardines: Why to Love, Where to Find from Traditional Foods. I just love sardines and they are so good for you!
- A Heart Healthy Diet: What and Whom Do You Believe? from Savoring Today. Judy has shared her own family’s experience with heart disease and what she did to regain health. This is a really comprehensive article.
- Meal Plans vs. Reality from Liberated Kitchen. Good reality check.
- Chocolate Banana Freezer Pie from Always Learning. Wowzer! I’ll be trying this soon!
- How To Make Your Own Beef Tallow from The Prairie Homestead. This is a very comprehensive how to.
- Raw Zucchini Noodles from A Life Unprocessed. What a great idea and I love the gadget they use!
- I’m Addicted to Coffee and No I don’t Drink It! from Butterbelle. Hmmm, how else would you use coffee? In an enema of course!
- Saving Tallow from Grassfed Beef from Dyno-Mom. Another way to get tallow for cooking and a good idea!
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- Giveaway: Nourishing Eats a grain-free cookbook from Sarah at Nourished and Nurtured. This is open until March 8! Join the fun!
- The ONLY Vending Machine I Would Use. One that provides fresh raw milk!
- Action Alert: Tell The FDA To Stop Antibiotics in Animal Feed. Please help by signing the petition.
- Sacred Foods for Preconception, Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond. I wish I had this information when I was thinking about having children.
- Cacao Date Energy Bars (SCD/GAPS). Great on the go snack.
- Fat Tuesday February 28, 2012. A fabulous collection of the wisdom and great eats in the real food world this week.