Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- GAPS Legal Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting from The Liberated Kitchen. Yikes! This should be illegal!
- Perfect Coconut Milk Vanilla Ice Cream from A Life Unprocessed. Yikes! This should be illegal too!
- Soaked Date Scones from Homemade Dutch Apple Pie. Great idea using soaked flour.
- Apple Cordial from Small Things By Nona. A great idea for using those left over apple skins.
- No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Macaroons from Red and Honey. This recipe is free of dairy, grains, and refined sugar, but not awesomeness.
- Homemade Chocolate Banana Power Bars from Beyond the Peel. These are much better than Lara bars!
- How I Buy Dairy (Since I Can’t Afford All Raw, Grass-fed) from Whole Natural Life. Great,instructive post.
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- Giveaway: Stainless Steel Measuring Set. This is a $26.00 value and has three sets of measuring spoon sets. Very cool! Open through March 15, 2012.
- Spring Cleaning: Detoxification. Why do we need to detoxify? We’ll be starting a Detox Challenge soon!
- School Children Served Pink Slime for Lunch. Read this BEFORE you eat!
- Osteoporosis: Major Flaws in Drug and Calcium Treatment. Two major surprises here!
- Grain-Free Date Hamantaschen. Delicious dessert for Purim or anytime!
- Fat Tuesday: March 6, 2012. A fabulous collection of the wisdom and great eats in the real food world this week.