Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- Gardening: Controlling Leaf Eating Pests from Real Food Freaks. This is a simple solution to these pests!
- Grassfed Meat Should Be Savored — Not Gulped! from Tender Grassfed Meat. Stanley reminds us the important reasons why we shouldn’t wuff down our food.
- Coconut Custard Cake from Moms For Safe Food. Wowzer!
- Slay the Energy Vampires in Your Home from Small Footprint Family. Another very indepth post from Dawn.
- Reducing Oxalic Acid in Your Vegetables for More Calcium from Amanda Rose. A great reference.
- Healthy Homemade Granola Bars from Red and Honey. These look really good.
- One Duck — Three Dishes! from Liberated Kitchen. I LOVE duck but am really intimidated to make it at home. This makes it look easy!
- How To Make The Perfect Poached Egg from Beyond the Peel. She has some very good tips!
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- We Did It! We Raise Two Million! For the Drop the Money Bomb on Monsanto campaign. You can still donate money.
- Home on the Range: Featuring Apolloson Acres. Another great homestead featured. Join the fun and share your homestead!
- Is It Ethical To Eat Meat? My essay for the New York Times’ contest.
- Sustainable Seafood: What Does It Really Mean? Lots to know about this subject!
- Video: Moroccan Preserved Lemons from Get Cultured class from Nourished Kitchen. There is still time to save!
- Fat Tuesday May 29, 2012. A fabulous collection of great eats in the real food world this week!