Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- Why and How to Make Your Own Pectin from My Healthy Green Family. This is a really informative and interesting article and recipe. For those on the SCD adding pectin is a not allowed. Maybe it’s the processing of the pectin and chemicals left in the pectin that causes it to bother some people… great post!
- No Noodle Lasagna from Moms for Safe Food. This look delish!
- Simply Delicious Mango Sorbet from Mexican Wildflower. This is so simple and so awesome!
- The Easiest Way to Preserve Tomatoes from Whole New Mom. Adrienne is at it again with another great kitchen tip! I’m definitely going to be doing this when my tomatoes come in!
- Enjoy your Traditionally-Cooked Grassfed Barbecue without Fear from the expert, Stanley Fishman. Stanley wrote a whole book called Tender Grassfed Barbecue which has tons of recipes for grassfed meat. He really knows how to cook this meat!
- Grain Free Strawberry-Almond Coffee Cake fom Tess the Domestic Diva. This looks really good!
- Paleo Eating Experiment from Jen’s Natural Kitchen. This is a good summary of the Paleo diet in the context of Jen’s own experience. Good read!
- Non-toxic Home Pest Control – Avoid the Risks of Neurotoxic Pesticides from Common Sense Homesteading. Great information as usual at Common Sense Homesteading.
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- The Mighty Coconut. I love coconut on many levels.
- Selenium: Crucial for Good Health. Really. It’s easy to be deficient in selenium and not know it.
- July 4th Extravaganza. Great menu for summer cooking.
- Fat Tuesday July 3, 2012. A fabulous collection of great eats in the real food world this week!