Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- Gluten-Free Travel Essentials by The Liberated Kitchen. This is a great run down of what you need when you are traveling if you need to be gluten-free. It ain’t easy, but this post sure does help!
- How To Eat Real Food On A Budget by Holistic Kid. Real food is expensive, but Emily shows us how to make it work!
- Before I Start GAPS What Should I Prepare? by Our Nourishing Roots. This is a fabulous list of things you will need before starting the GAPS diet and will help you stay organized.
- Homemade Almond Power Bars for Non Lazy People by Beyond the Peel. These look fantastic!
- Coconut Oil Mounds Candies by Crest Cottage Creations. These are also amazing looking and she shows a very creative way to make them.
- A Common Breastfeeding Issue and Tip To Deal With It by Penniless Parenting. This is a comprehensive and extremely instructive article about the problems associated with having an over supply of milk and how to remedy it.
- Got REAL Milk? by Nourishing Charlotte, a chapter of the Weston Price Foundation. This is comprehensive and full of facts vs. misconceptions about raw milk. If you at all interested in learning about raw milk, this is the post to read.
- Roasted Leek and Mushroom Porkchops Topped with Apple Sauce (SCD) by The Tasty Alternative. This looks absolutely fabulous!
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- Lacto-Fermentation as Preservative: Old As The Hills. There has been a “new” discovery of a bacteria segment — a peptide — that can kill pathogenic bacteria in certain foods.
- One NEW Compelling Reason to Avoid Trans Fat. Fascinating research that shows yet another significant reason to avoid trans fat.
- 8 Reasons to Add Probiotic Foods to Your Diet. This popular post attracted a lot of attention this week!
- Slow Roasted Chicken and Broth. A great way to use ALL of the chicken for nourishing meals.
- Fat Tuesday January 3, 2012. A fabulous collection of the wisdom and great eats in the real food world this week.