Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
- Grain free burrito bake from Simple Healthy Home. Call it a burrito or whatever – it’s a great simple meal!
- AIP Food Pyramid from Phoenix Helix. Now that’s more like it!
- Edible Flowers – Forsythia Dandelion Jelly from The Homestead Lady. Now this is a real forager. Not like me. I’m going to try this as I have tons of forsythia!
- AIP Stuffed Cabbage Rolls from Salixisme. Wow! Interesting recipe!
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- What’s Wrong With Routine Blood Tests. Lab values allow us to see objectively, how our bodies are working and if there are any emerging problems. However, many of the reference ranges are wider than they should be.
- Three Critical Blood Values – Two are NOT Routine!
- Balsamic Roasted Roots. Yummy!
- Fat Tuesday: April 7, 2015. Great eats in the real food world this week!
Register here for the Functional Medicine Summit! This one is really great!
Unfortunately, you go to the doctor, he/she spends less than 5 minutes with you, and you walk out with a prescription medication to treat your symptoms. The obvious problem with that approach is that masking symptoms doesn’t solve why you were sick in the first place.