Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Biscotti (Dairy & Grain Free) from Gluten Free Pantry. These look really good for dunking in some coffee or milk!
- Don’t Be Afraid of Real Food from Tender Grassfed Meat. Another great post from Stanley Fishman the author of Tender Grassfed Meat and Tender Grassfed Barbecue
- Strawberry Chocolate Layer Cake (Grain-free, Paleo Primal) from Nourished and Nurtured. Wow. This looks awesome!
- Organic Doggie Shampoo from Robin’s View. The recipe is great but the picture is priceless. A cute little dachshund in the sink, waiting for his bath!
- Milk of Magnesia: My New Natural Deodorant from Whole Natural Life. What an interesting idea! Magnesium can do wonders!
- Stevia — How to Grow it and Make Your Own Sweetener from Common Sense Homesteading. This is the post I’ve been waiting for! I want to make a sweetener without vodka and Laurie tells us how!
- Grain-Free Birthday Cake Recipe from Small Footprint Family. Another wow! This cake sounds amazing! Definitely for special occasions.
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- 5 Reasons to Juice and a Basic Juice Recipe.
- 8 Reasons to NEVER Follow a Low Salt Diet. There is plenty of research which shows the dangers of a low salt diet.
- Purple Pickled Eggs. Pretty purple pickled eggs that taste good too!
- Salt Reduction: The Largest Delusion in Public Health History. More about the misguided guidelines and the insane way in which they are formed.
- Giveaway: 2 Pounds of Celtic Sea Salt. In celebration of my salt rampage this week!
- Fat Tuesday March 27, 2012. Fabulous collection of great eats in the real food world this week.