Each year I try to incorporate some old favorite recipes and some new recipes on holidays. Here are some of my old favorites and some new recipes that use only real food ingredients and many are grain-free and appropriate for SCD and GAPS!
When you are following a special diet, the holidays are the hardest time. It is critical to have your special foods on hand that you can enjoy along with everyone else and it is not difficult to make this meal according to special diets.
Here is a fantastic collection of holiday recipes!
Real Food Thanksgiving Holiday Recipes
The Main Course
- How To Pick Your Turkey from RealFood University.
- How to Cook a Pasture Raised Turkey from Scratch Mommy.
- Savory Roasted Turkey (Paleo, SCD, GAPS) from Real Food Forager
- Turkey Brine with Fresh Apple Juice, Citrus, Ginger + Herbs from Recipes to Nourish.
- How to Slow-roast the Perfect Thanksgiving Turkey (with Video!) from Nourished Kitchen.
- Maple Bacon Thanksgiving Turkey… oh my! from Eat, Play, Love …More.
- Rosemary, Clementine and Ginger- Stuffed Whole Turkey from AndHereWeAre.
- Liver Pate (GAPS) from Gutsy.
- Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites from Food Renegade.
- Paleo Asian Chicken Meatballs from Empowered Sustenance
- Warm Pumpkin and Apple Harvest Salad from The Urban Ecolife.
- Vegan Grain-free Stuffed Mushrooms from Tasty Yummies.
- Sweetened Shoestring Root Vegetables (Paleo, GAPS, SCD, AIP) from Real Food Forager.
- Orange-Maple Mashed Roasted Sweet Potatoes from The Rising Spoon
- Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze from Healy Eats Real
- Butternut Squash Kugel from Homemade Mommy.
- Roasted Sage Squash with Honey from Whole Green Love.
- Grain-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing from Real Food Forager.
- Paleo Stuffing (AIP, SCD, GAPS) from Real Food Forager.
- Homestyle Stuffing (GAPS, Paleo) from Mommypotamus.
- Grain-free stuffing with Sausage from Eat Beautiful.
- Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts from Kelly the Kitchen Kop.
- Flourless Cinnamon Raisin Bread from Real Food Forager.
- Crustless Sweet Potato Pie from Happy Healthnut.
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash, and Apple Mash from This is So Good.
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples from Recipes to Nourish.
- The Best Thanksgiving Mashed Potatoes from Fearless Eating.
- Garlicky Green Beans from Cultured Palate.
- Roasted Beet and Fennel Salad with Balsamic Glaze from Real Food Forager.
Apricot and Cinnamon-Spiced Cranberry Sauce from Whole natural Life.
Savory Cranberry Apple Chutney (AIP, Paleo, SCD, GAPS) from Real Food Forager.
- Loaded Cranberries (vegan) from JarOHoney.
- Cultured Cranberry Sauce from LittleOwlCrunchyMomma.
Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce from The Pistachio Project.
Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Creamer from Coconut Mama.
- Gluten-Free Gravy (Grain-free) from Holistic Squid.
- 5 Minute Bone Broth Gravy :: Gluten & Grain Free Options! from Raising Generation Nourished.
- Sugar-Free CranApple Sauce from Real Food Forager.
- Honey Mustard Dressing from Mommypotamus.
- Pie Crust Two Ways: Grain-Free and Sprouted from Our Nourishing Roots.
Cranberry Orange Sorbet :: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free… from Delicious Obsessions.
- Pecan Crusted Apple Crisp (with video) from Real Food Forager.
- Chocolate Pie (Paleo & Vegan) from Healy Eats Real.
- Grain-Free Mudslide Fudge Cookies from Food Renegade.
- Spiced Kabocha Raisin Cookies from Real Food Forager.
- Deep Dish Apple Cranberry Pecan Pie (Grain-Free, Honey Sweetened) from GAPS Diet Journey.
Seasonal Grain Free Apple Cobbler from Recipes to Nourish.
- Cardamon Pistachio Truffles from Freshly Grown.
- Maple Sweetened Pumpkin Latte from Nearly Natural Momma.
- Gingerbread Coconut Macaroons from Intoxicated on Life.
- Spontaneous Apple Cider from Mommypotamus.
- Old Fashioned Root Beer from Holistic Squid.
- Kefir Soda Pop from Kelly the Kitchen Kop.
- Spiced Cranberry Apple Cider from 20 Something Allergies.
What To Do With Leftovers
- Saving Food on Thanksgiving: Black Friday Pie and Turkey Soup from Small Footprint Family.
Thanksgiving Leftover Soup (Turkey Rice Soup With Everyday Chicken Alternative) from Oh The Things We’ll Make!