I’m in love with my slow cooker and I’ve lately been in love with curry. This recipe for Slow Cooker Coconut Curried Chicken is one of my favorites!
You may have seen my Curried Egg Salad or my Curried Chicken Salad. Using a slow cooker has to be the most convenient way to cook.
And it is oh so easy.
Even if you work full time you can throw a few ingredients into the crock pot in the morning and come home to a cooked meal and a house filled with the delectable fragrance of curry.
You can also use an Instant Pot – just follow the directions that come with the pot.
Recipe: Slow Cooker Coconut Curried Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Place the carrots, onion and garlic at the bottom of the crock pot
- Place the raw chicken pieces on top of the vegetables, layering the chicken
- Add the spices over the chicken
- In a small pot melt the ghee and mix in the chicken stock and coconut cream until combined
- Pour this over the chicken
- Cook on low for 6 hours (it can go longer if you are not home yet)
- When done, remove the pieces of chicken and puree the liquid for gravy with an immersion blender
- Serve or refrigerate for later