I had a craving for something salty – but also sweet and somewhat crunchy. A cookie. Made with wholesome and grain free ingredients these simple cookies hit the spot! I think your family will love them too!
I love coconut oil, but many times I use ghee in baking. It just seems to give grain free flours a little extra body and flavor. It is very easy to make ghee. If you use grassfed butter you will have a delicious and extremely healthy good fat.
If you are sensitive to dairy you might consider trying ghee after a while. Even people sensitive to dairy can tolerate ghee. Ghee has all the health benefits of butter and it would be a shame to keep it out of the diet if you can tolerate it.
Salty Sweet Grain Free Cookies (SCD, GAPS, Paleo)
- 2 eggs (pasture raised if possible)
- 2 tablespoon raw honey (where to buy raw honey)
- 3 teaspoon vanilla extract (where to buy vanilla extract)
- 3 tablespoon ghee or butter (how to make ghee) (Where to buy ghee)
- 1/2 cup almond flour(where to buy almond flour) (how to make almond flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (where to buy coconut flour)
- Sea salt (where to buy)
- Food processor (where to buy a food processor)
- parchment paper where to buy parchment paper)
- cookie sheets (where to buy stainless steel)
- Saran wrap
- In a food processor mix together the eggs, the honey, softened ghee and vanilla extract and mix
- Add the almond flour and part of the coconut flour and mix
- The batter should be thick enough to make balls — if it is not, add coconut flour a little at a time
- Be sure to taste the batter to make sure it is sweet enough for you
- Form balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Place saran wrap over cookies and flatten with a spatula
- Shake some salt onto each cookie
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 12 – 16 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool on a rack
Tip: Double the recipe – these go very quickly!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Yield: approximately 15
Shared at: Hearth & Soul Hop