There really is no “right” season for an apple tart. It’s appropriate any time of the year. This apple tart will impress your guests and complies with grain free, Paleo eating!
Doesn’t it look professional? There is one special pan you need – a tart pan which will allow you to mold the crust. The apples simply need to be sliced carefully and lightly cooked before arranging in the crust.
Just because you are on a special diet, that doesn’t mean you can’t have engaging food. It does mean that the food you are eating will be completely nutritious as well as look appealing. The ingredients for the crust and the fillings are pure, whole foods and good fats.
Paleo Apple Tart (SCD, GAPS)
- Crust Instructions
- In a food processor mix together the eggs, honey, vanilla, ghee and palm shortening until smooth
- Add the salt, coconut flour and shredded coconut and process until a dough is formed
- Remove to a 9" tart pan that has a parchment paper liner and is greased with virgin coconut oil
- Press the dough into the pan making the sides high and even and the bottom even
- Bake at 325º F for approximately 18 - 21 minutes or until lightly browned (watch carefully that the sides do not get burned)
- Cool in the pan
- Store in refrigerator until ready to fill
- Instructions for Filling
- Saute the apple slices in a large fry pan greased with ghee or coconut oil
- Season with the cinnamon and nutmeg
- Cook uncovered, turning frequently until apples are soft but still crisp
- Remove and let cool
- Putting it Together
- Let the crust come to room temperature
- Carefully remove the crust from the sides of the tart pan by separating the bottom from the sides
- Keep the crust on the bottom part of the pan for serving
- Place on your serving platter now
- Butter the inside of the crust with the apricot jam
- Separate the slices of apple and carefully make a circular pattern using as many as possible
- Refrigerate and eat cold or heat up gently in oven for 10 minutes on 250º F.