Sometimes, you want to just have a simple Grain Free Tea Cookie to go with a cup of tea.
This one fits the bill and because it is made with whole foods, it is actually healthy!
This is the type of cookie I like to keep around when I need a little something. Sugary, chocolatey sweets abound this time of year and I try to avoid them. It’s possible when there is something just as satisfying within easy reach!
Try this recipe and I bet you will be hooked!
Recipe: Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Cookies
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 35 small cookies
- Preheat oven at 325º F
- In a food processor mix together the eggs, honey, vanilla, ghee and palm shortening until smooth
- Add the salt, coconut flour and shredded coconut and process until a dough is formed
- Remove to a bowl for ease
- Add the chocolate chips and mix
- Use about a teaspoon of batter and make a ball
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Use all the batter
- You will need 2 cookie sheets
- Cover with plastic wrap and press each ball down with a spatula – evenly
- Bake for approximately 12 – 15 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool on a rack
- Store in refrigerator