It is hard to live without pizza when you cannot eat grains or dairy. This grain free pizza crust is a perfect substitution!
Years ago, when I still ate conventional pizza, the combination of grains and cheese would be ghastly for me. So I came up with a suitable crust and topping for a quick and fun meal.
The crust is just the right texture and consistency to emulate a crispy thin crusted pizza loaded with your favorite topping!
This is definitely kid friendly. Kids love to make their own crusts and there are a multitude of choices for toppings. Anything from shredded meats and chicken to roasted or sauteed vegetables. This recipe is appropriate for SCD/GAPS and certainly if you are eating cheese that would make a great topping!
Recipe: Grain-Free Pizza Crust (SCD/GAPS)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 2 crusts
Options: add other spices such as onion powder, oregano, etc
- In a food processor process the 3 eggs
- Add the applesauce and mix
- Add the salt and other spices and mix
- Add the coconut flour, mix and then add the almond flour
- The batter will be somewhat sticky but should be soft and just starting to form a ball in the processor
- Use two flat cookie sheets lined with parchment pape ror a pizza stone
- Using olive oil grease the parchment paper
- Using a spatula, scrap the dough together into a large ball
- Put the dough onto the parchment paper and divide in two
- Place each piece of dough on a separate cookie sheet
- Press the dough into an oval shape
- Cover the dough with clear wrap and with a rolling pin roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness
- Pull off the clear wrap and you have a thin, even crust
- With your fingers, go around the perimeter of the crust pushing inwards, to even out the edges
- Bake at 375º F for 12 minutes or until slightly browned
- Remove from oven and flip over using a large spatula
- Bake for another 2 – 4 minutes or until slightly browned (you may omit this step if you like)
- This makes 2 pizza crusts about 10″ x 7″
- Homemade tomato sauce and raw grassfed cheese would be lovely
- Add those two on top of the crust and put under the broiler for a minute or two to melt the cheese
- I precooked grassfed chopped beef which I sauteed with my No Tomato Sauce and simply added that on top