If you are lucky enough to have enough space to grow zucchini, I’m sure you are wondering what to do with them all! This is a great recipe for making a wonderful and fun snack for kids and adults that is SCD/GAPS and Paleo friendly. Zucchini is one of the first vegetables to eat on these diets as it is so easy to digest when it is peeled and deseeded.
Zucchini or courgette is full of vitamins A, C and folate. It has moderate amounts of choline, vitamin K and trace amounts of the B vitamins. It is also full of potassium with some phosphorus, calcium and magnesium and trace minerals. There is a healthy 2:1 ratio of Omega 3 to 6. It’s a winner!
Adding some spices makes these really stand out. No one would even know there is a vegetable in them!
Grain Free Garlic Dill Muffins with Pecans
• 6 eggs
• 2 cups grated zucchini ( 3 – 4 medium zucchini that are seeded and peeled)
• 4 Tbsp ghee or butter (how to make ghee) (Where to buy ghee)
• 1 Tbsp raw honey (where to buy)
• ¾ cup coconut flour where to buy coconut flour)
• 1 tsp sea salt (where to buy salt and spices)
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
• 1 tsp dried dill
1 cup pecans chopped (from activated pecans– why you need to activate nuts)
• 1 muffin pan with cupcake papers (where to buy stainless steel muffin pans) (where to buy unbleached muffin papers)
• Rack for cooling (where to buy stainless steel cooking rack)
• food processor (where to buy a food processor)
1. In the food processor with the blade, grind the cup of pecans for about 10 seconds and set aside
2. Using the grater attachment of the food processor, grate the seeded and peeled zucchini and set aside
3. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the eggs, honey, ghee or butter and mix together
4. Add the coconut flour, salt, baking soda and spices and mix together. After mixing, the batter should be somewhat stiff
5. Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and pour in the grated zucchini and half of the pecans and mix by hand
6. Put about 2 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin paper
7. Sprinkle the rest of the nuts on top of each muffin and bake at 325 for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and they are slightly browned
8. When finished, cool on a rack – these freeze well
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 – 30 minutes
Yield: approximately 10 muffins
Tip: Double the recipe and freeze the extras!
Here are some other ways to use zucchini!
- Grain Free Zucchini Walnut Brownie (GAPS, Paleo)
- Zucchini Pasta with Artichoke, Mushrooms and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Video/Recipe: Grain-Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Video/Recipe: Coconut Flour Zucchini Muffins
- Grain Free Zucchini Blossoms