Yes, I am still using all the lemons I bought last week. This time I came up with a beautiful and zesty grain free lemon drop cookie that I think you will love!
These delicious cookies will be devoured so you might want to make 2 batches at a time. I did not experiment with doubling the recipe, I just made 2 separate batches, but I think it will work with doubling the recipe.
The frosting uses essential oil of lemon with an option for using lemon zest.
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp softened ghee
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or thick milk (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp lemon juice (from half the lemon)
- 1/4 tsp stevia
- 2 tsp lemon zest from an organic lemon (zest the whole lemon)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (where to buy salt and spices)
- Preheat the oven to 325º F and place parchment paper onto 2 cookie sheets
- In a food processor, add the eggs, ghee, coconut milk, honey, lemon juice, stevia and mix
- Zest the lemon
- Add the lemon zest, oconut flour, salt and baking soda and mix
- The batter should be somewhat soft
- Place a teaspoon of batter onto the prepared cookie sheet and use all the batter
- The batter will expand some so keep that in mind
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until slightly browned
- Cool on a rack
Like this recipe? Get many more and tons of information and instructions on using grain free flours in my fantastic kindle books. You don’t need a kindle to read them, as Amazon offers a FREE reader for all devices, on the sales page for each book.
These recipes are suitable for Paleo, SCD, GAPS and all grain free eaters.