This icing tastes amazingly like a chocolate frosting and will satisfy you. Additionally, it is really healthy with no additives, refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup, colorings, caffeine or any other chemical additive. It is so simple yet so satisfying.
This recipe take just a few minutes to complete and will yield enough to use as icing for approximately 10 – 12 cupcakes.
- Gently heat the coconut spread in a small pot until you can easily mix it
- Remove the pot from the heat
- Add the cocoa butter and mix it with the coconut spread until it is melted (you may need to put it back on the heat briefly)
- Add the honey and vanilla and whisk it all together until it is well combined
- Work quickly as this has a tendency to separate
- Use the icing as soon as it is combined and then refrigerate to harden
Tips for Frosting cupcakes or any other cake
- Let cupcakes cool in the pan for a few minutes and then on a rack
- Apply the frosting with a spatula as evenly as possible when it is at room temperature — as it cools off, it may separate so work quickly
- Refrigerate the cupcakes for a hard frosting