Today is nearing the end of the third week of the Probiotic Food Challenge. How is everyone doing? What is everyone doing? Let’s use this post to share our successes, our failures, to brag, ask questions or to vent if need be.
I’ve been doing really well and I am so glad I started this challenge. It forces me to actually do what I have be meaning to do but just never got around to. I’ve been meaning to ferment lots of different food items and I’ve been lazy. This challenge has been the motivating force to get me in gear.
If you have been following my blog posts, you know that I’ve already posted several recipes involving fermented foods. Here they are:
- Coconut Water Kefir with a video.
- Homemade Yogurt with a video.
- Fermented Beet Kvass with a video.
- Homemade Sauerkraut with a video.
- Whey and Yogurt Cheese with a video.
I’ve also posted several articles about probiotics and cultured foods. Here they are:
- 8 Reasons to Add Probiotic Foods To Your Diet. This popular post explains why you need to eat cultured foods.
- Getting Started with Cultured Foods. This is a guest post from Roxanne of Cultures for Health.
- 5 Reasons to Make Sourdough Your Only Bread. This is a very popular post. I guess people really love sourdough bread!
- Gluten-Free Sourdough Baking. This is a guest post by Sharon Kane, gluten-free sourdough baker extraordinaire!
- 6 Reasons To Drink Fermented Cabbage Juice. After you get over the “yuck” factor, you see how nutritious it is!
There have been three giveaways!
- Cultures for Health Four Starter Pack — $64.95 Value! This was in December in preparation for the challenge. It is now closed.
- The Art of Gluten-Free Sourdough Baking — $30.00 value. This great book by Sharon Kane. It is now closed.
- Caldwell’s Organic Fermented Vegetable Juice Variety Pack — $42.00 value. This giveaway is open through February 2. Join now!
Don’t forget the Probiotic Food Linky Carnival that is still open for sharing. There are over 60 fabulous recipes! Please visit and look around!
The Challenge is still open for new participants! There is still time to start to improve your health!
Don’t forget the 10% discount offered at Cultures for Health is good through the end of the challenge, February 6, 2012.
Use COUPON CODE RFF2012 At Cultures for Health for a 10% discount on all starter cultures, good through February 6, 2012.
Sharon Kane is offering 3 great bonuses with the purchase of her book The Art of Gluten-Free Sourdough Baking.
I’m having a blast with all that’s going on! What about you? Please leave a comment and let me know how you are doing!