Do you know anyone who doesn’t have at least one filling in their mouth? Probably not. Very few people in this country have never had a cavity or gum problem. Until recently, all cavities were filled with toxic mercury amalgam. If you still have this type of filling in your mouth, use fluoride, have any other oral health issues, or go to a dentist that is still practicing the methods of many years ago, you may want to listen to some of the speakers from the Healthy Mouth World Summit. Your body health is in direct relation to the health of your mouth.
Did you know that some cancer experts feel that 97% of all cancer is related to the mouth? Here is a quote from one of the most famous cancer doctors of the last century, Dr. Josef Issels:
97% of all cancer has a causal relationship in the teeth, jaw and tonsils.
I know this first hand, because my father had terrible oral health and he ended up dying from colon cancer that metastasized to his brain. It was awful and totally preventable. Years before this happened, he went to the dentist because he had pain. It turned out to be some type of cyst in his gum that had to be surgically removed.
Casually, the dentist mentioned that this was something he found in people with cancer. We never thought to further investigate this information (by pursuing some cancer screening) as my parents always felt they were healthy. If we would have known how significant oral health is to the rest of the body we would have jumped on this for sure.
Hindsight is 20/20
We need to be as informed as possible about the potential hazards of treatments that have been generally recognized as safe — especially at the dentists office. We have to arm ourselves with the correct information in order to protect our health and that of our loved ones.
Routine dental work costs a lot of money and takes time. You want to be sure you are doing the correct type of work — that does not add to your toxic burden. There are very few dentist that are trained in nontoxic techniques so it is up to you to know enough to say no when they want to do something toxic.
Thankfully I never allowed them to give my kid a fluoride treatment or fluoride pills. I remember the receptionist giving me a hard time when I refused the prescription for the vitamins with fluoride and the fluoride treatments they wanted to do each and every time we were there. She was very intimidating and I could see that someone less knowledgeable or less sure would be convinced that fluoride was OK. It is not OK and you have to stand up to them each and every time.
I learned so much this week from listening to the speakers at the Healthy Mouth Summit
Here are some of the key topics covered and what solutions were offered:
- We can actually remineralize teeth including cavities!
- That metals used in dental fillings could be a cause of disease in the body.
- Tooth decay happens mostly because of factors outside our mouths!
- Steps each of us can take to reverse tooth decay naturally
- The risks of dental fillings (AND your options if you have ‘silver’ fillings!)
- The proper technique to have ‘silver’ fillings removed from your mouth
- Why NOT to use fluoride in your mouth
- What nutrient you can use in your mouth that are proven to lower risk of tooth decay
- ALL or your options if you have root canals, crowns or other existing dental
procedures — metal implants are not the only option
- How oral health directly impacts whole body health
- How what’s going on in our mouths may be a major cause of cancer!
- What each of us can do in our own lives to create positive change!
- How a simple, old school detox technique can help us live healthier lives
- What specific questions to ask a dentist to see if they are sufficiently trained to help us without adding any toxic burden
- And so much more!
The Healthy Mouth Summit is over but you can still watch all the videos, hear the audio and get all the transcripts of the interviews.
Need more information? I got you covered!
- Where to get more information on the Healthy Mouth Summit.
- Where to get state-of-the-art information on keeping your mouth healthy.
This post is shared at: Melt in Mouth Monday, Barn Yard Hop, Traditional Tuesday,Hearth & Soul Hop, Allergy Free Wednesday, Creative Juice Thursday, Simple Lives Thursday, ThankYour Body Thursday, Fight Back Friday