Green Pasture is the premier producer of excellent cod liver oil and the ONLY producer of traditionally made fermented cod liver oil — by far the best and most effective form. If you are not presently taking cod liver oil you may want to review the importance of the fat soluble vitamins A, D, K2, EPA and DHA. These vitamins are absolutely essential for good health. Most people do not get enough, for many reasons. Traditionally Produced Cold Liver Oil
The traditional way of manufacturing cod liver oil was to dump the cod livers into barrels until the barrel was full. Then it was sealed and the livers left to ferment. After months of fermentation, the hepatic cell walls break open allowing the oil to float to the top of the barrel. The barrel was then opened and the oil carefully skimmed off. Modern manufacturing had lead to a decrease in the nutrient content due to alkali refining, bleaching, winterization and deodorization.
There is only one manufacturer that actually replicates the all natural method of cod liver oil manufacture and that is one of the sponsors of Real Food Media, Green Pasture. You may have seen the ads on my blog.
This cod liver oil is superior to ANY other cod lover oil product out on the market. The other manufacturers remove the natural vitamins A and D and replace them with synthetic substitutes. That is one of the reasons why Dave Wetzel, the owner of Green Pasture, went through all the trouble to find out how it used to be made and is now manufacturing his superior oil in this traditional way.
Green Pasture also sells other products like high vitamin butter oil which is a great compliment to the cod liver oil. The high vitamin butter oil has Dr. Price’s Activator X which turns out to be vitamin k2. The fat soluble vitamins A and D along with the vitamin K2 are known as mineral activators — that means that in the presence of these substances, minerals will be absorbed. Without them, minerals will not be effectively absorbed. These are very important supplements for bone health.
The giveaway is for a $49.00 gift certificate for any of their superior products. Go to their website now and take a look around. Then come back here and join the giveaway! There will be 3 winners! So more chances for you to win!
How to Enter the Giveaway
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. The only mandatory action is to sign up for the Green Pasture newsletter on their website. Be sure to click the button for that in the widget as well. Sign Up With The Box Below Don’t forget to click on the confirm link when it comes to your inbox or else you won’t be signed up. You can unsubscribe at any time. Just know that you must be subscribed in order to be eligible to win this or any future prizes. Recommended but not mandatory:
- Click on the other options in the Rafflecopter widget below if you want extra entries to increase your chances to win.
- You only need to leave one comment saying what you did. Isn’t that so much easier?
- Future giveaways and prizes will be announced here on the blog, and winners will be announced here, too, so you may also want to sign up for my blog post updates RSS or via feedburner so you don’t miss anything and that will give you more chances as well.
- The winner will be announced on my blog on Saturday April 28, 2012. If you are the winner, you must respond to that by emailing me at Jill at Real Food Forager dot com within 48 hours of the announcement so you can claim your prize.
- This giveaway is open to anyone, and anywhere the internet can reach.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Note: Your prize may not be identical to the photo.