If you have never read a book by Joel Salatin, now is the time to start! I’m giving away a copy of his brand new book, Folks This Ain’t Normal. Self described “Christian-libertarian-environmentalist-capitalist-lunatic-farmer,” Joel Salatin is fiercely intelligent and gets right to the heart of the matter. He offers solutions to many of our food supply problems that would not occur to ordinary people like you and I.With his vast knowledge and understanding of real ecology as exemplified by his success at Polyface Farm, he explains in detail why a tillage-based crop like soy depletes soil, while a grass-based system of herbivores on pasture, builds and protects soil, and is necessary for environmental sustainability.
At least one thing he says will probably piss you off — that will happen to anyone who reads this book. It’s just his out of the box thinking. But you will agree that it is not normal to have no idea where our food and water comes from, and not a clue how to safeguard their purity. That is what ain’t normal.
How to Enter the Giveaway
Use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter. The only mandatory action is to sign up for my newsletter at the bottom of the post. Be sure to click the button for that in the widget as well.
Sign Up With The Box Below
Don’t forget to click on the confirm link when it comes to your inbox or else you won’t be signed up.
You can unsubscribe at any time. Just know that you must be subscribed in order to be eligible to win this or any future prizes.
Recommended but not mandatory:
- Click on the other options in the Rafflecopter widget below if you want extra entries to increase your chances to win.
- You only need to leave one comment saying what you did. Isn’t that so much better?
- Future giveaways and prizes will be announced here on the blog, and winners will be announced here, too, so you may also want to sign up for my blog post updates RSS or via feedburner so you don’t miss anything and that will give you more chances as well.
- The winner will be announced on my blog on Saturday February 25, 2012. If you are the winner, you must respond to that by emailing me at Jill at Real Food Forager dot com within 48 hours of the announcement so you can claim your prize.
- This giveaway is open to anyone in the United States.
- You must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Photo Credit