Fat Tuesday: May 28, 2013

Fat Tuesday: May 28, 2013 post image

It’s that time of the week when real foodies come together for a food festival! Fat Tuesday is the official end of Mardi Gras and here at Real Food Forager we are having our own Fat Tuesday Forager Festival!

Share your special holiday meal! Every Tuesday come join in this Real Food Free For All!

Link up your great real food recipes, natural remedies, posts, articles and book reviews about real food, food politics, green living and our food supply.Special diet recipes are welcome such as SCD, GAPS, gluten free, dairy free, sugar-free, Paleo, Primal, all are welcome as long as they involve REAL FOOD. Please feel free to post your recipe in the comments section if you are not a blogger.

Giveaways are welcome as long as they involve only real food items or cool kitchen tools. Pretty much anything goes — it’s party time!

The Rules are simple:

1 — No artificial ingredients. Nothing commercially canned, packaged or processed. No fake foods. No soy or tofu, no artificial sweeteners like Splenda, no bad fats like margarine, soybean or corn oil. You get the idea.

2 — Provide a link back to this post on your site (a common courtesy).

3 — Please do not make me delete any non real food linkups. Please don’t link them here. This is a place for real food recipes and issues.

4 — Please link the URL of your actual blog post and not your blog’s home page.

5 — Be kind and come back and leave a comment after linking up. And check out some of the links. There is a wealth of knowledge here.

Be sure to visit on Sunday for Sunday Snippets, a weekly post that features recipes and articles from the previous Fat Tuesday. The next feature could be yours so be sure to check back!

If you are featured on Sunday Snippets (you must have a link back to be featured) I will also add your post to my facebook page. By posting your article and photo on Fat Tuesday you are allowing me to publish the same on Sunday Snippets and Facebook and other social media.

In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.

The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. Disclaimer

Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil

Tropical Traditions Gold Label Coconut Oil is a product I use every day.

• Lauren May 27, 2013, 9:19 pm

Thanks for hosting Jill! I’m adding my FF Oatmeal Raisin Cookies this week. Have a happy Memorial Day!

• Little E's Kitchen May 27, 2013, 9:20 pm

I am so new to blogging. I’m not sure how to do all of the linking. I tried it but I don’t think I did it right so I deleted it. I wanted to share my Paleo Cinnamon Crumble Coffee Cake recipe but when I went to link it… it made a new blog post. Hmmm…. I guess I need more tutoring! Anyways… this is the link. http://littleekitchen.blogspot.com/2013/05/cinnamon-crumble-coffee-cake.html#links

• Erin Walker May 28, 2013, 1:40 pm

I figured it out!
      Can’t wait to read all these links!!
      -Erin

• Debbie @ Easy Natural Food May 27, 2013, 9:45 pm

Hi Jill, thanks for hosting! I’m sharing my Vietnamese Beef Noodle Salad this week. Have a great week!

• Carolyn @ Real Food Houston May 27, 2013, 9:45 pm

I’ve shared the story of how the makers of Crisco used marketing to replace traditional, nutritious fats. The story of Crisco is typical of the story of modern processed food.
    Crisco — how marketing trumped nutrition!

• Thanks for including last weeks post in Sunday Snippets! My post this week is about why I prefer traditional charcoal barbecues for grassfed meat. The fragrant aroma of grassfed meat roasted in front of a charcoal fire is so primal, the original traditional way meat was cooked.

Why I Prefer Charcoal Barbecues for Grassfed Meat

• Christine at Salt & Twine May 28, 2013, 7:25 am

Thanks for hosting, Jill! I’ve added a (GAPS and Paleo) Coconut Vanilla Cake, and included the recipe and a *BIG (personal) UPDATE* on how this diet has had a ***HUGE*** physical effect on my body, and the medical evidence.

• Eileen @ Phoenix Helix May 28, 2013, 10:48 am

Thanks for hosting again! I linked up to 2 articles this week (1) My new favorite pork chop recipe, made with rhubarb chutney and (2) A simple summary of the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol. Have a great week, everyone.

• Lori May 28, 2013, 11:48 am

Hello and thank you for hosting! I’m sharing a recipe for gluten free, vegan whole grain rolls that you can actually knead! (and if you bake gluten free you know how RARE it is to knead!) Have a great week! Lori

• Vicky May 28, 2013, 1:54 pm

Hi! I shared my grain free and tree nut free cereal recipe today – so simple to make!

Have a lovely week!

Vicky

• Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs.com May 28, 2013, 2:43 pm

Thank you for hosting!! This week I shared three posts – two discussing white flour and bleach… whether or not the chemicals in white flour are bleach, and then whether or not those chemicals are dangerous. The third is a recipe for soaked whole wheat pancakes – definitely a welcomed recipe after reading about white flour!!

• Emily @ Recipes to Nourish May 28, 2013, 3:10 pm

Thanks so much for hosting. I shared my Cherry Mint Lemonade (Honey Sweetened) recipe. It’s so delicious and has the most beautiful pink hue.

• Lynn @Suburban Farm Girl May 29, 2013, 2:01 am

Thank you for hosting! I added two posts this week. One on adding cacao to my coffee and one for new people trying to make a change to a real food diet, Real Food- Little Changes, because making little changes to your diet each week can add up to a big change over time.

Lynn

• Chaya May 29, 2013, 9:45 am

Thanks for hosting. I hope you like the shredded brussels srprouts. We love them.

• Sarah May 29, 2013, 11:40 pm