Creamy Artichoke Dip with Spinach from Nourish
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 ¾ cups (420 g) 1x
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) coconut or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup (45 g) diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (120 g) peeled summer squash
- ¾ cup Chicken Broth (page 225)
- 6 oz (170 g) drained jarred artichoke hearts
- 2 tbsp (8 g) nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp ground mace
- 6 oz (170 g) package of frozen spinach, thawed
- SOFTEN: Add the oil to a saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and
- garlic to the pan while you peel and chop the summer squash. Cut the summer
- squash into pieces that are the same size as the diced onion, then add to the pan and
- stir to coat with the oil. Cook until the squash is tender, stirring occasionally so the
- squash doesn’t brown, about 10 minutes.
- BLEND: Transfer the softened vegetables to a blender and add the chicken broth.
- Gently squeeze the artichoke hearts to release any excess water before you weigh
- them out. Add the artichoke hearts, nutritional yeast and mace to the blender –
- process until you have a thick, smooth, “creamy” sauce.
- SIMMER: Pour the sauce back into the saucepan and return to the stove top at a low
- heat. Drain the spinach and squeeze out any excess water, then chop finely. Stir the
- frozen spinach into the sauce and simmer until the dip is warmed through. The dip
- probably won’t need any additional salt because of the artichoke hearts, but taste
- now and add any extra salt if you wish. Serve the dip warm and enjoy. Try pairing it
- with Pita Wedges (page 222).