Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
- Roasted Kabocha and Parsnips with Maple Glaze from Bizzy Bakes. I’ve just tried parsnips and am enjoying their mild flavor! This looks simple but very good!
- Easy Homemade Granulated Garlic via Whole New Mom. Great idea for saving garlic and making a ton at a time!
- Preserving the Harvest :: Simple Frozen Soup Packs from Tiny Peasant. This is a GREAT idea! This is a HIGE time saver!
- What To Do With All Those Tomatoes from Review, Chews and How Tos. If you still have lots of tomatoes this is a good idea!
- Nutritious Nettles (A Recipe Collection) from Little Owl Crunchy Momma. This is a great collection of what to do with nettles!
- DIY Gluten-Free, Vegan, and Paleo Apple Butter — Another Great Fall Staple from Gluten Free Vegan Love. This is a great fall staple!
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- The Dilemma of Fiber. The food industry has jumped on the fiber-is-good-for-your-health bandwagon. However, some of these fiber products are as dangerous as synthetic food can get.
- The Filthy Chicken Rule, What It Means to Our Food – and How To Protect Your Family. The USDA has come up with a plan that will surely cause more cases of salmonella and other pathogenic diseases, from the most deadly source of food poisoning cases – poultry factory farms.
- Grain Free Spiced Pear Streusel. Go get some pears and make this – you will be glad you did!
- Fat Tuesday: September 30, 2014. Great eats in the real food world this week!
Are you tired of wracking your brain for meal plans? Let my friend Emily do all the work for you with Real Plans. You can chose from Paleo, Traditional or Vegetarian!
For a mere $6.00 a month you can be relieved from all that planning, creating shopping lists and changing menus!