Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- Grains and Animosity from Real Food Freaks. Well said Leslie!
- Almost Reese’s Candy (With Allergy and Sugar-free Options) from Whole New Mom. These are a great alternative to conventional candy. The post has some explanations of the horrendous ingredients in regular candy — a great excuse to try this recipe!
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Sugar from Small Footprint Family. Thorough is not the word for this article. It is comprehensive and really informative!
- Magic Coconut Bars from Simply Living Healthy. These definitely look magical!
- Decadent Chocolate Truffles: Three Ways from Cooking Traditional Foods. These look amazing!
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Making a Mother from Moss Grown Stone. Very interesting. I didn’t know you could make this at home!
- Raspberry-Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Butter Belle. Yikes! I should not go near this!
- Plastic: Danger Still Lurks In The “Good” Stuff from Bit of Earth Farm. More bad news about BPA free plastics.
- Time To Get Signatures from Moms For Safe Food. Please sign a petition for GMO labeling in California.
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- Happy Anniversary Real Food Forager!
- Last Chance to Save $70.00 on Healthy Grains Class from Cheeseslave
- Giveaway: Cuisinart Immersion Blender on through Thursday, February 23!
- Drink This and Risk Stroke. New studies show more about the dangers of diet soft drinks.
- Braised Short Ribs with Gravy (SCD/GAPS). Heavenly on a cold winter’s day!
- Fat Tuesday February 14, 2012. A fabulous collection of the wisdom and great eats in the real food world this week.