Welcome to Sunday Snippets. This is a weekly feature that allows you to take a quick peek at posts that I loved from my FAT TUESDAY carnival this past week. I’ll also summarize some posts from my blog from the past week. If you missed some or didn’t have time to read the whole post this “snippet” will give you the gist of it.
Here are some articles and recipes that I picked from FAT TUESDAY that really stood out for me. Each week I’ll be featuring some links from FAT TUESDAY so be sure to link up your best posts! If you are not a blogger, this is a place to connect with fascinating writings from all over the blogosphere!
This week we had so many wonderful selections it was really hard to choose… but here are a few of my favorites!
- Yellow Curried Pickled Eggs from Pickle Me Too. I just love colorful eggs that have been cultured and these look like they are delish!
- Chocolate Almond Lara Bars from Real Food Freaks. These really look great and so easy to make!
- Quick Lamb Chops from the Liberated Kitchen. I love lamb chops and these are nicely spiced.
- Delicious and Pretty Flowers to Plant in your Garden! from This Chick Cooks. This is a very interesting and informative post about flowers you can eat and some of which are good for pest control. Beautiful photos!
- 20 + Healthy Easter Ideas (Chocolate Included) from Whole New Mom.This is a comprehensive and great resource for holiday treat ideas.
- Homemade Electrolyte Drink (move over Pedialyte!) from Cheeky Bums Blog. Great alternative drink for rehydrating.
- Healthy Cookie Dough Bites from Plus Other Good Stuff. Another great snack recipe!
In addition, here are some posts from my blog this week that you may want to take a peek at…
- Roasted Eggs. An alternative to boiled eggs.
- Giveaway: Set of 3 Bamboo Cutting Boards – $20.00 Value.
- The Healthier Hotdog — NOT! You won’t believe what they are planning to do to hotdogs. I couldn’t make it up if I tried.
- Oil Pulling for Detoxification. Interesting addition to your detox arsenal.
- Macaroons — Paleo, Primal, GAPS. These are the most amazing macaroons!
- Grain-Free Apple Kugel. This can be a side dish or a dessert.
- Grain-Free Passover Dinner Menu. Great selection of holiday food.
- Fat Tuesday April 3, 2012. Fabulous collection of great eats in the real food world this week.