I am the worst dental patient. I take good care of my mouth with great dental hygiene. However, I have a unique type of odontophobia. I am not afraid of any pain that may be associated with dental cleanings or procedures, but I am terrified of the toxic materials dentists use on a daily basis. Even holistic dentists use some potentially toxic materials. I need some work done on old fillings but I am concerned that I may be making the wrong decision.
Old Fillings and Old Root Canals
Unfortunately, I have some old mercury amalgams that may or may not need to be removed and I am just procrastinating about getting it taken care of. In addition, I have an old root canal (yep a root canal) that has started to bother me again.
I need more information from several sources before I can make a truly informed decision about what to do. I love my dentist, but his opinion is only one — I need more than one opinion before I undertake any major changes that may affect my health down the road.
Don’t Look a Gift Horse in the Mouth
This is an expression that comes from the wisdom that the mouth is a window into the health of the animal. The same goes for humans. Research has shown how important oral health is to the general health of the individual. In other words, if the health of the mouth is poor, most likely the health of the individual is also poor.
Healthy Mouth World Summit 2013
That’s why I am so excited for this incredible online summit called the Healthy Mouth World Summit January 13 – 20, 2013. There will be amazing speakers and lots of information — and it’s free!
I am not going to make a decision until I hear all these fabulous lectures!
S0 Many Questions Answered
- How can I raise cavity free kids?
- What filling materials are safe?
- What’s the REAL TRUTH about fluoride and mercury?
- I’ve had silver fillings for years, is it safe to leave them there?
- What’s the safest protocol to have a mercury filing replaced to reduce the risk of mercury exposure?
- How can I detox mercury from my system?
- Is it safe to have topical fluoride for my children’s teeth?
- I haven’t used fluoride toothpaste for years, am I still exposed?
- What foods can I feed my family to heal tooth decay and protect my family’s teeth?
- What’s the truth about the safety of root canals?
- Are crowns safe? What about implants?
- What is the connection between the mouth and common diseases like cancer?
- How can I make sure that I am not just another sad statistic in our culture?
- The list goes on and on…
Eat well but still have old dental issues to address?
This summit has been organized by Will and Susan Revak of Orawellness.
This FREE online event starts January 13th, 2013 and in order to participate, you need to register for free by clicking on the link.
The HealThy Mouth World Summit is going to be filled with very valuable information and wisdom that will assist anyone looking to create positive change in their oral health.
You will definitely want to attend as many discussions as possible, as well as share them with friends and family member who would benefit. All you need is internet access!
When you sign up today, you will be sent an email with complete details on how to attend this informative event as well as how to access the live expert Q&A sessions. YOu will also get the link to view your special bonus movie, Smoking Teeth!
Are you happy with the level of your oral health?
See you there!
This post is share at: Tasty Traditions, Thank Your Body Thursday,