I felt in need of a new snack bar that would satisfy that salty/sweet craving. This bar holds together well and freezes well. Wrap it up in wax paper and you have a healthy, handy, go-to snack for when you are on the run.
As I always say to those who are grain free, you need to have a stock of activated nuts on hand for recipes. You can learn why you should activate nuts and seed here and how to do it. Once you have a routine going, you should have bags of different kinds of nuts and seeds in your freezer so you can easily use them in recipes.
For this recipe the almond flour is already blanched so most of the lectins, phytates and other anti-nutrients that make nuts hard to digest are gone.
Raw Coco Nutty Snack Bar
- 1 cup pecans (soaked and activated)
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup coconut concentrate (where to buy)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (where to buy)
- 1/2 cup raisins (organic)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (where to buy)
- Food processor (where to buy a food processor)
- Large knife
- Parchment paper (where to buy parchment paper)
- Cookie sheet (where to buy stainless steel)
- In a food processor grind the pecans a minute or two
- Add the raisins and continue processing
- Add the coconut concentrate, the shredded coconut and the almond flour and process until it is well combined without large pieces
- Taste the batter to make sure it is sweet enough as I tend to use less sweeteners than most
- Place on parchment paper and with your hands spread and form approximately a 9″ x 7″ slab in as much of a rectangle as possible
- Place on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Remove and place the parchment on a cutting surface and divide into 12 pieces – each piece weigh just under 2 ounces, the perfect portion size!
- Wrap in wax paper and keep in freezer
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Freezer Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 portions