This lemon frosting is so easy to make and contains all natural ingredient that are actually healthy! You don’t have to settle for chemical laden commercial frosting when you can make your own delicious glaze in 10 minutes!
I am using lemon essential oil for this glaze, but you can also substitute that with 2 teaspoons of lemon zest. The important part of using essential oils for ingestion is that you use only the oils that are safe for internal use, and you use oils that are marked Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade.
Furthermore, oils which have a Supplemental Facts area on the bottles are safe to ingest. Many essential oils and blends do not have this on the label and are not safe to take internally.
Which Essential Oils are Safe for Consumption?
I am just starting to use essential oils for cooking and so far I love it! You get a very pure flavor from just one or two drops of oil. It’s easy to store the bottle and one bottle goes a very long way.
Some folks are happy using essential oils as aromatherapy and topically, but not comfortable taking them internally.
I would not use essential for consumption every day or even regularly. You must be very aware of the purity and process used to make the oils and have trust in the manufacturer.
Not all essential oils are safe for consumption and here is a source from the FDA stating that the listed oils are safe for consumption. I would also be sure any oil you use for consumption be Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade.
Additionally, any essential oil for consumption (or other avenue) must be diluted in a carrier oil. In cooking, it should be a cooking oil. This recipe has plenty of fat/oil between the palm shortening and coconut oil.
Lemon oil is safe and, let’s face it, 3 drops for the whole recipe divided by 35 cookies means that you are getting very little with each cookie. Just don’t feed yourself spoons of the frosting alone – I know you wouldn’t do that.
If you are not comfortable using the essential oil, use the lemon zest as indicated above.
- 1/2 cup softened palm shortening
- 2 Tbsp coconut concentrate (where to buy
- 2 Tbsp softened coconut oil (where to buy)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 drops lemon essential oil (see below for more information) OR 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp stevia (optiona - omit if AIP)
- Let the palm shortening, coconut concentrate and the coconut oil soften
- Add all the ingredient to the bowl
- With the hand blender, combine for 4 - 5 minutes
- Taste to be sure it is sweet enough for you
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before use
- Blend it up again just before using to frost cookies or cake
- Hand blender (where to buy)
Are you as Fascinated About Herbs and Essential Oils as I Am?
Well, look no further, because it’s here!
Introducing The Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle!
For six days only, (Wednesday, May 17 – Monday, May 22) everything you need (and then some) is in one fabulous package, for the most affordable price ever – just 29.97!
This year’s edition of the Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle includes 16 ebooks and printables and 10 full eCourses!
These top-quality resources cover everything you need to give you the skills and confidence to start using natural remedies in your home.
You’ll get a complete library to help you:
- Rebuild your medicine cabinet with natural remedies
- Create beauty and skincare products without harmful ingredients
- Treat your digestive complaints, pain, colds, and flus with everything in your medicine cabinet
- Preserve, harvest, and cook with healing herbs
- Discover the cancer-sugar connection and take back control of your health
- Boost your mood, heat up the romance, and increase mental clarity with essential oil blends
- Liven up your meals and get major health benefits by using the right herbs
- and so much more!
Seriously, just two items that I am interested in – the Cancer, Nutrition & Natural Healing eCourse by Sayer Ji, a $39.00 value and the The Thinking Parent’s Guide to Natural Remedies by Kresha Faber, a $17.99 value, together are way more than the super low price of The Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle! and you will get so much more!
Check out what’s in The Herbs and Essential Oils Super Bundle!