Fresh strawberries are an amazing treat! These days you can source organic strawberries even in conventional markets, although it is best to know your farmer when it comes to organic strawberries. You can make this 2 ingredient treat in 10 minutes that your kids and family will love!
Lately I’ve been in the mood for frozen treats. But I don’t want to eat conventional ice cream or candy. Oh no. When commercially made, that type of junk has high fructose corn syrup that can lead to childhood non-alcoholic fatty liver (NAFL).
It’s ridiculous to buy these non-foods when it is so easy to make treats that your kids can help you prepare and thoroughly enjoy! This recipe can use regular yogurt, but if you use commercailly prepared yogurt be sure to get full fat. I was just looking at the options in the yogurt case and was astonished at how many companies offer only lowfat or nonfat yogurt. In order to make that taste good, they have to add ALOT of sugar. Some companies use artificial sweeteners.
If you make your own homemade yogurt you can use full fat milk, raw milk, goat milk, coconut milk or any other milk that suits you.
Here’s another video/recipe of how I make cow milk SCD/GAPS yogurt with details of the best milk to buy commercially if you do not have access to raw milk.
This recipe is SCD/GAPS compliant if you make your own 24 hour yogurt. It is AIP and Paleo compliant if you use non-dairy milk.
- 2 cups of organic strawberries
- 8 ounces of yogurt of your choice
- Clean the strawberries and remove stems
- Drain for a few minutes
- Cut them in half if they are larger than bite size
- insert a fork into the cut end of the strawberry and dip into the yogurt
- Let any extra yogurt drip off
- Place onto the lined cookie sheet
- Use all the strawberries
- Place the cookie sheet into the freezer for a few hours before serving
- Tip: Leave them out to soften for 5 minutes or so or they will be very hard